Wednesday, June 24

little white dress


I'm always on the lookout when it comes to little white dresses. It's one of those looks that I absolutely love on everyone else but feel somewhat uncomfortable in myself. Maybe it's because I haven't found quite the right one, or the fact that whenever I wear white I spend every waking minute checking to see if I have yet ruined whatever it is that I'm wearing. The worst bit is that I'm not prone to spills and I've made a habit of checking seats before sitting. No one wants to sit in a mystery puddle on the subway, even if there's a 90% chance that it's probably just rainwater. That 10% of unknown, nope. 

I love this sweet Chinti and Parker shirtdress, yet another style I'm forever searching for. It's the kind of thing I'd imagine wearing on a quiet morning stroll through a seaside town. I'd pair it with neutral wedges, a fringed handbag with a necklace to match, navy blue nail polish, and a classic red lipstick. 

12 comments :

  1. summers best
    new post: http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/06/baseball-cap-and-off-gold.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is so cute! And I am absolutely loving that Essie polish... so pretty! Those wedges are amazing too!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. That may be the perfect little white dress! So cute!

    xo Kylie
    www.dressinsparkles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally see how wearing this dress would make me instantly feel cool even if it was 100 degrees outside!! Love it! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. That white dress is perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm obsessed with all things white too, and that dress is so pretty! Especially love it paired with those sunnies and that nail polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is so perfect for the Summer and give me all the fringe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love white dresses! They are my go to's! Or white I love white too! That dress is perfect!
    xoxo,Victoria
    www.coffeeandablonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I. Want. All. Of. It. Seriously, love this! I am the same exact way with white dresses, in that I absolutely love them but haven't found the perfect one yet. I really want a simple shirtdress but it's just not that simple to find one that fits just right! I could definitely go for this one and I adore it with those SW wedges. Only thing I might add is a straw hat, but you know me and my love for hats ;)

    xo Mary-Katherine
    gold-hatted lover

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love white dresses for summer. I am constantly spilling on myself, so I have to be extra careful. But I love them so much! This is such a gorgeous look.

    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So Grace Kelly-esque! Love the simplicity of this dress. This is a perfect example of "less is more."

    Taffeta & Tulips

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this look! So perfectly patriotic. Also love the imaginary scenario... a stroll through a seaside town. Can I come??

    xx Katie
    lovely letters

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and share your thoughts. I love hearing from you!